Open Bidder is an open source real-time bidding (RTB) framework enabling you to bid ads at real time.
As the diagram shows, Open Bidder provides you the real-time bidding infrastructure—all you need to do is to implement your own bid interceptors (bidders) to receive and respond real-time bid requests. Open Bidder comprises these three components:
- Open Bidder User Interface (UI)
- Launches bidders.
- Displays operational metrics.
- Open Bidder API
You use the Open Bidder API to write your own logic for bidding, impression tracking, and other custom processing.
- Open Bidder Server
- Receives RTB requests from some exchange, like DoubleClick Ad Exchange.
- Converts exchange-specific requests into Open Bidder's canonical model.
- Executes your custom logic to process requests.
- Converts Open Bidder's responses into exchange-specific format.
Why use Open Bidder?
- Uses Google Compute Engine (GCE), which guarantees optimal latency between your real-time bidders and Ad Exchange.
- Runs on Google's scalable and efficient infrastructure.
- Provides you an easy-to-use real-time bidder.
- Provides you an API to implement your own custom real-time bidders.
With Open Bidder you can implement your real-time bidders quickly because you do not have to build the bidding infrastructure from scratch.