To test your smart home Action, do the following:
Go to the Actions console and select your project.
On the Overview page, follow each section and fill in all of the informational fields for your project; most of these fields will appear in the Actions directory. Don't worry if you don't have all of the information finalized for your project. You can save your progress by clicking the SAVE button near the bottom of each page.
On the left navigation, pick Advanced options > Account linking. Here you can set up authentication so that users can link their accounts to your Action.
Link your Google account to your smart home agent using the Google Assistant app:
- Access the smart home settings.
- Click the + button to add a device.
- Select your Action from the list of providers.
- Sign in to your service.
In the Actions console, navigate to Test > Simulator to test your app on a device.
Access the smart home settings in the Google App
Do the following steps on an Android device (version 6+):
- Make sure Google Play Services is up to date on the Android device.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of the Google app. Visit the Google app page in the Google Play Store. Click the UPDATE button if it appears for your device.
- Sign in on the device with the same test account.
- Open the updated Google app (touch and hold the Home button).
- At the top right, tap the icon.
- Select Explore and the icon.
- Select Settings. Make sure you are signed in with the correct account.
- Under Services, select Home control.
Developing and testing non-English Action
When you write a non-English Action, you should write instructions in English so that the testing team can understand how to test the Action.
You should also have an English sample invocation in addition to a non-Engish sample invocation in case the testing team has any trouble testing with non-English.
Sharing your project
Invite other people to your project so they can test your Action before you publish it. Note that your Actions project must contain at least one Action (under Build > Actions) to test.
- Go to the Actions console and select your project.
- In the left navigation, select the gear icon and then Permissions. This redirects you to the IAM page for your project.
- Click ADD to set a team member's access to your project. You must be an owner of the project.
- Type the member's email address in the Members box. In the Roles menu, select Project > Viewer for view access.
- Back in the Actions console, select the Simulator and click SHARE.
- Copy the link provided in step 2 of the dialog box to share the project with them.
- After you share the link with another user, that user must follow the link to the Actions Simulator landing page, toggle the Test Status to Active and click START.
Prior to submitting your Action for review, please fill in all of the information under the Deploy section of the Actions console and run through this set of QA test cases, as these are the cases that we our third-party certification vendor will test your Action with. Once all of the tests are passing, please submit your Action for review, and follow instructions given during the submission process.
Once your Action is published, you will gain access to useful analytics in the Actions console including:
- Daily active users
- Command execution counts
- Directory stats
To learn more, see our Analytics and Health docs.