This page details the major updates made to Media Actions documentation. To see changes that only apply to the feature that you work on, use the filter to select a feature.
- May 20:Added enhanced
actorspectifications for TV Shows in the Media Actions feed
- March 8:Added guidance on modeling Sports content in the Media Actions feed
- March 7:Updates to the Quality checklist sections.
- February 20:Updates to the Create a Feed and Host the Feed sections
- January 3:Added
expiresas accepted properties to images, give example usage.
- November 15:Added
VIP_TIMES_IDas an accepted propertyID.
- October 22:Updated
identifierto be a highly recommended property.
- October 20:Updated the Identifiers section to call out EIDR identifiers. Also added relevant examples in the Watch Action Examples reference pages.
- December 21: Added the following pages.
- August 23:Actions on Google (AoG) Console tool has been deprecated in favor of Catalog Properties on Search Console.
- December 16:Updated
releasedEventto be a highly recommended property.
- November 5:Added
produceras a highly recommended property to the TVSeries, TVSeason, TVEpisodes, and Movie specification pages.
- October 7: Updated documentation links for Search Console entity lookup and feed report.
- October 6: Updated
TelevisionChannel.channelOrderto be a required property for GoogleTV.
- October 4: Updated
contentRatingto accept "RATING NOT KNOWN" as a potential value.
- September 9: Updated
releasedEvent.publishedByto be an optional property.
- August 11: Updated Watch Action deep link autoplay guidelines from required to recommended for Search platform.
- July 23: Updated
popularityScoreto be a highly recommended property
- June 13: Removed the requirement of the
_PARTNER_ID_identifier property in the BroadcastService entity.
- June 13: Removed
MediaServicespecification from the JSON Schema requirements.
- May 19: Updated autoplay requirements for Watch and Listen Actions.
- May 13: Added
editEidras a highly recommended property to the TVEpisodes specification, and
titleEidras a highly recommended property to the TVSeason specification page.
- May 07: Added schema support for various
clip types, which
- May 04: Added new information about how to monitor the status of your
feed ingestion through
- May 04: Updated information about the
toolsavailable for validation of sample feed.
- April 26: Added
editEidras a highly recommended property to the Movie specification page.
- March 26: Added new reference information about how to supply film
- March 15: Fixed the JSON Schema of the
MediaSubscriptionto validate the requirement on lists as well as single object.
- March 1: Added
MediaServiceto the JSON Schema.
- February 12: Added description to the Radio Specification example
- January 14: Added an example on how to mark up local channels.
- January 10: Updated brand icon requirements for Google TV in the MediaService specification.
- January 4: Added Radio JSON Schema to validate
- December 30: Added
contentToBeAnnouncedproperties to BroadcastEvent.
- December 30: Updated
imageto be a required property for TVSeries, TVEpisodes and Movies.
- December 30: Updated brand icon requirements for Google TV.
- December 30: Added
channelOrderproperty to TelevisionChannel.
- December 30: Updated
logoas a required property for GoogleTV integration, highly recommended otherwise. Also added recommended aspect ratios for the same.
- December 28: Added
titleEidras a highly recommended property to the TV and Movie specification pages.
- December 9: Added
durationas an optional property to the TVEpisode specification page.
- December 3: Updated the
releasedEventproperty to accept
FeaturedEventwhich indicates how your service is marketed, and
ExclusiveEventwhich indicates that the content has exclusive distribution rights. Added related properties to the
Eventsreference tables. Added examples to the Watch Actions feed examples page.
- November 11: Add advisoryCode as a property of contentRating
- November 10: Removed requirement for trailers to be hosted on YouTube.
- November 2: MediaService entity should be created in the
- November 2: MediaService property changed from
- October 27: Added two image examples to the Image properties page.
- October 9: Added a new reference page for the
MediaServiceentity type, which is required as part of every Media Actions, specifically Watch Actions, feed submission.
- August 13: Made requiresSubscription.identifier required when access category is subscription.
- July 27: Made the
commonTierproperty required in the JSON Schemas when the
categoryis subscription and allowing
actorto be represented with the
PerformanceRoleobject in the JSON Schema.
- July 14: Fixed the music JSON Schema, to allow multiple creators
to be set in the
- July 13: Updated steps for monitoring the status of a feed on the create an actions project page.
- July 10: Fixed the validations in the JSON Schema. The
categoryproperty in the
Offerobject was not set properly and was ignored in the Music Schema.
Offerobject in the Music Schema.
eligibleRegionto be a requirement in the
Offerin the Music Schema.
- Updated the
Ratingobject to authorize a string for author.
- July 9: Allow
intent://pattern in addition to
android-app://for android deeplinks in the JSON Schemas.
- July 7: Clarified correct use of
LiveTVpartners on the identifier page.
- July 6: Added the sport property to
- July 6: Updated
- July 6: Made the following
SportsEventproperties highly recommended:
- June 30: Updated the JSON Schemas to add the
commonTierproperty in the
MediaSubscriptionobject, and modified the
identifierproperty to only check the value before the
:to leave more freedom on the package string.
- June 25: Updated requirements on
- June 24: Made
requiresSubscriptionrequired for providers with single tiered packages.
- June 22: Added details about the common tier to the Access requirements page. Updated Watch actions common specification with common tier details.
- June 1: Consolidated entitlements content from several pages into one Access requirements page.
- May 25: Added highly recommended
categoryproperties to the BroadcastService specification table.
- May 20: Made
BroadcastServiceif channel switch is fulfilled by TV service provider.
- May 19: Made
- May 19: Require
Organizationwhen multiple channels (
BroadcastService) refer to it.
- April 30: Recategorized
sameAsas highly recommended to improve reconcilitaion quality.
- April 28: Fixed the JSON Schemas by updating
- April 26: Fixed the Live TV JSON schema by updating the reference of the
CableOrSatelliteServiceentity type. Allow the validation of this entity type when it contains the
- April 23: Recategorized
BroadcastService.logoas highly recommended to improve reconcilitaion quality.
- April 16: Updated the Watch Action playback behavior policy to include new requirements.
- March 19: Added a new Use deep links to initiate playback section.
- March 12: For the
urlis now a required property for
BroadcastService. It's optional for a service delivered on cable, satellite, or over the air.
- March 10: Updated the Rating Agencies table to include more countries and more specific guidance.
- March 3: Added new reference information about how to supply images for Movies and TV Shows.