To develop with API.AI, you first need to create an Actions on Google developer project and an API.AI agent. Having a project allows you to access the developer console to manage and distribute your app. The API.AI agent contains all the intents that define your app.
Create the developer project and API.AI agent
- Go to the Actions on Google Developer Console.
- Click on Add Project, enter
YourAppNamefor the project name, and click Create Project.
- In the Overview screen, click on Use API.AI and then CREATE ACTIONS ON API.AI to start building actions.
- The API.AI console appears with information automatically populated in an agent. Click Save to save the agent.
Start with the API.AI starter app
For your first app, we recommend you start with the API.AI starter app. It includes an API.AI agent with intents that you'll most likely use and a Google Cloud Function for fullfillment.
- Download and unzip the starter agent for API.AI. We'll refer to this directory as
- Restore the
<sample_dir>/agent.zipinto the YourAppName agent:
- In the left navigation, click on the gear icon to the right of the agent name.
- Click on the Export and Import tab.
- Click RESTORE FROM ZIP and select the
RESTOREin the text box, click RESTORE, then DONE. When the restoration is finished, the following screen appears. Make note of your app's project ID; you'll need it to deploy the sample's fulfillment.