It is common for reservation systems to allow users to input a special request when making a reservation. Users can leave a note for the reservation such as if the occasion is a special event, or if there are any restrictions that the merchant needs to know about. The Actions Center can support this functionality by enabling the special request box feature. This feature is a partner wide setting and can not be set per merchant.
Here are few common use-cases:
- To inform that the occasion is special event
- If the user has any dietary restrictions that the restaurant needs to know about
- Specify specific requirement like the products they want or the condition/texture of their hair
- Add more specific details to a generic service provided by the partner.
Below are the steps to enable this feature:
- Enable the special request box as a feature in Partner Portal in Sandbox, by clicking on "Enable special request box" and then saving changes.
- Our server will start filling
additional_requestfield in CreateBookingRequest in Sandbox.
- In Sandbox, test to ensure the special requests (
additional_request) are properly handled.
- When tested and ready, reach out to your Google contact to enable the feature in Production